Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Google Glasses


I found this tidbit several days ago, but midterms have gotten in the way of my blog posting.
Essentially, Google is using android technology to build a pair of glasses that will relate information on the eye pieces. The glasses will include "a camera and audio inputs and outputs." It could potentially include facial recognition software down the road. 
I am all for technology, but this takes it too far. How creepy is it to think that you can be walking through a store and someone will zoom in on your face and instantly know everything about you? Or that they can secretly be taking your picture or videoing you (which is already done enough)?
To me, this product doesn't say "innovative idea to make the people more social," it screams "Hello, stalkers! I'm the product for you!"
Hopefully, someone comes to their senses and this product is never released to the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment