Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Klout Score

Recently, I've been running across mentions of a Klout Score. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I had no clue what they were referring to. So to enlighten my other readers who may not know, these are my findings and understanding of the Klout Score.

The Klout Score is a way for you to measure your online influence. Influence is defined as your ability to drive action which means responses, shares, etc. 
To break down what goes into the measurement, here are the three concepts considered: 
True Reach: How many people you influence
Amplification: How much you influence them
Network Impact: The influence of your network

Using services, such as the Klout Score, will be beneficial to both individuals and businesses. Online presence is everything and we should be aware of the influence of our online actions. An interesting tidbit, the common score is 20. When I linked this blog, my Twitter and Facebook accounts, my score was 12. Obviously needs improvement, but I'll keep working on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment