Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I don't understand...

Stepping on to my soap box....

With the popularity of websites, mainly Pinterest, it seems that girls my age are becoming needier then ever. Back in the day, girls may have fantasized about their weddings (enagements and babies) but there were rarely plans in the making before it was time to begin planning.
I know girls, most who don't even have a boyfriend, who have planned out their ENTIRE wedding. Do you think this will help you land a man quicker?? Most college aged guys are commitment-phobes, why the hell would you go around advertising your entire wedding album on Pinterest?? Then add in how you want your maternity shots, babies first Christmas pictures, etc. done....does that not look like a red flag to you?
You know who I'm talking about- the ones who pin everything wedding related. And then for a description say something such as "My future fiance better top this!" or have an album titled something to the effect of "Now all I need is a guy!" It's completely acceptable to pin somethings, but why would you plan out your entire wedding and life before you've met the person you are going to be sharing it with?
I admit- there are some wonderful ideas on Pinterest, many of which the average person could not have thought up or even dreamed of without paying for some serious help from a very creative professional. I understand. However, on the second date when that Pinterest bomb slip out of your mouth or you start uploading alllllllllllllllll of your pins to Facebook, you will most likely bring fear into the heart of the boy you are talking too.
Now before I get attacked, I'm not saying that I'm not guilty. I've sneaked a peek into the Wedding section of Pinterest, even went so far as to go to a dress designers website. But Ladies, tone it down a notch. If you've already got the wedding details, baby room ideas and more figured out, where is the fun in falling in love? You're supposed to find the person you can't and don't want to live without then think about the rest. Not plan and try to find a sucker that will go along with your (creative) ideas.
I completely understand pinning ideas that you think will be helpful in the future...but please, for the sake of your future relationships don't try to plan out every detail of your future. Just go with the flow and see what happens.

Stepping off of my soap box...

No comments:

Post a Comment