Thursday, December 1, 2011

Singing in the Car

Singing in the car keeps coming up in my conversations, so here is a blog to make the universe happy.

I love to sing in the car. I consider it to be one of my favorite past times. How do you make a 5 hour car ride seem like an hour? Enjoy it. How do you annoy everyone else on said 5 hour car ride? Sing. My logic is to enjoy something awful, you've got to make it into a light hearted situation. And if you've ever heard me sing, you know that it's fantastically awful. Did I mention that I also dance? That's even worse then the singing.

Funny story: Meghann (the sister) and I were driving to Wilkes County, GA (about 3 hrs away). We were belting our hearts out to some classic 70s and Disney hits when we came to a red light. At about the same time we hit red, the song came to the best part. After a full minute of Ooga-Chaca-Ooga-Ooga, it hits that very clear, "Iiiiiiiiiii-Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I'm Hooked on a feeling," so needless to say Meg and I have our hairbrush microphones and are screaming this at the top of our lungs with the windows down, while flailing around like idiots. Just then a poor, innocent, elderly lady pulls up beside us, gives us the most terrified expression, and proceeds to run the red light. That is how good we are.
Unfortunately, this is not a once in a life time occurrence, many have fled from our terrible singing skills.

Moral of the story, you may not see me on American Idol, but glance into the car next to you at the red light and you might still get a show!

And, so you can get an idea of who Meghann is (because she is sure to pop up in a lot of blogs), here is a picture of the two of us. And yes, we are full sisters, even if we don't look a like.



P.S.- If you'd like to hear what we were singing, click here. The crucial moment occurs at about 38 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment