Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disheveled Damsel Syndrome


One of my favorite blogs, NYC PR Girls, came up with this title, but it fits perfectly with what I'm feeling at the moment.
With so much going on between school (only 86 more days until graduation!), work, wedding planning and trying to have a life, I am absolutely worn out and running around "like a chicken with my head cut off." Sorry for the graphic imagery, but it's the best description my frazzled mind can come up with. 

Here are some of my tips to try and stay healthy through these ridiculous weather changes and managing the stress:

Take your vitamins: Sounds like something Mom would say, huh? Truly it does help. I've been taking a woman's multivitamin for weight loss. It has extra of certain vitamins to help give you an energy boost. I've also been taking vitamin C pills, trying to ward off the sickness found on college campuses. Please keep in mind, I'm not a doctor so don't take my word on anything.

Make a to-do list: I don't mean a small one like for the grocery store, I'm talking about one that has EVERYTHING you need done and arranged in order of importance and due date. Although it seems like you'll waste time writing it all out, having a list to work your way down will not only keep you organized, but also makes you feel accomplished as you check things off.

De-stress: I know, easier said then done but set aside some time to de-stress. This is your time to do whatever it is you like to do. Sometimes working out will do the trick, other times you need a bathtub and your favorite book. Give your self some time to recoup and relax.

Eat healthy and get enough sleep: This is self explanatory. You won't feel well if you don't take care of yourself.  

Above all else, take care of yourself. You've only got one body, don't run it into the ground.
If you're still stressed out, here are some good tips on stress management

No comments:

Post a Comment